General Terms and Conditions for the Microbiology 2023: from single cell to microbiome and host
Conditions of participation
These conditions of participation apply to participation in the event Symposium “Microbiology 2023” at the University of Würzburg.
2) Registration and conclusion of contract
- The contract is concluded by registration and receipt of the registration confirmation. The registration confirmation will be sent by email to the participant's address.
- After registration via Converia, the registration for the conference only becomes legally effective upon receipt of the full payment of the participation fee. There will be no separate confirmation of payment.
- With the registration the validity of these conditions of participation is accepted.
3) Due date and payment
Participation fees are due upon registration and are payable within 14 days after submission of the registration.
4) Withdrawal of the participant
- Upon registration a cancelation free of charge is unfortunately no longer possible. By August 22, 2023 twenty Euros will be charged as cancellation fee. In the event of cancellation after August 22, 2023 50% of the participant fee will be charged as a cancellation fee.
5) Cancellation and change by the organizer
- In cases of force majeure, such as in particular fire damage, floods, strikes, lawful lock-outs, epidemics and pandemics, insofar as a level of risk of at least "moderate" is defined by the Robert-Koch-Institute, the contracting party affected thereby shall be released from the obligation to hold the event for the duration and to the extent of the impact.
The implementation of the event in another form, in particular as an online format, remains unaffected by this.
- The University is entitled to change speakers or to postpone the schedule for good cause, e.g. due to illness of a speaker, provided this is reasonable for the participants.
6) Image or sound recordings
Image and sound recordings may be made during the event, which may be used for public relations purposes, in particular for reporting on the event. By registering, the participant agrees to the use of the recordings of him or her.
Claims for damages by the participant, irrespective of the legal grounds, in particular for breach of obligations arising from the contractual obligation and from tort, shall be limited, insofar as legally permissible, to intent and gross negligence. In the case of gross negligence, however, liability shall be limited to compensation for the direct average damage that is foreseeable and typical for the type of event, insofar as no mandatory liability exists.
Otherwise, claims for damages - regardless of their legal nature - are limited to the amount of the participation fee.